Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Monday, June 08, 2009
Approximately 12 years experience acting as Great Plains Administrator as well as approximately 9 years experience acting as a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator.
Great Plains, MS SQL, DMI Compliance Suite, Crystal Reports, Windows network
• Maintained Great Plains, MS SQL, DMI CS, and Windows network security
• Installed, upgraded, and maintained Great Plains and MS SQL software, service packs and Great Plains tax updates on servers as well as client PCs
• Designed, developed, deployed, and maintained ancillary MS SQL databases including table design and writing stored procedures, views, and triggers
• Wrote stand alone Borland Delphi programs to perform department specific confidential functions
• Created and maintained several reports using Crystal Reports
• Modified several Great Plains standard reports using the Great Plains internal Report Writer
• Reviewed client requests and proposals for Great Plains enhancements and made recommendations
• Researched, reviewed, and made recommendations on Great Plains 3rd party software
• Network administrator with regard to scheduling and verifying backups, network security, and logical drive assignment
• Researched, recommended, and / or evaluated software and / or hardware to enhance Great Plains, MS SQL, and / or the Windows network
• Performed non-specific client training for use of PCs, Great Plains, various Microsoft Office products, DMI Compliance Suite
• Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and Borland Paradox
• Platforms: Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista
• Productivity: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint
• Web: Microsoft IIS, Macromedia Cold Fusion, Macromedia Dreamweaver
• Languages: Borland Delphi
System Administrator 2005-2009
Kaneka Nutrients L.P.
• MS SQL 2000 database administration including security, backup, and restore.
• Great Plains administration including security, report modification, and non-specific user training.
• DMI Compliance Suite administration including security, Crystal report creation, electronic work instruction coding, order creation, problem investigation/resolution, and user training.
• Acted as primary help desk technician resolving various client issues.
• Acted as primary Windows 2003 network administrator with regard to network security, backups, and logical drive assignment.
Great Plains / Database Administrator 1997-2005
GSI Gulf States, Inc.
• MS SQL 7 and MS SQL 2000 database administration including database design, security, backup, and restore.
• Great Plains administration including security, ancillary view creation, report modification, and non-specific user training.
• Part of the team that migrated Great Plains from Btrieve to MS SQL.
• Converted, enhanced, and maintained an in-house mechanical estimating system from the IBM/36 written in RGP to a DOS based Borland Paradox system.
• Acted as a purchasing agent for IT department.
• Acted as secondary help desk technician resolving various client issues.
• Acted as secondary network administrator with regard to network security, backups, and logical drive assignment.
Data Operations Manager 1984-1997
Gulf States, Inc.
• Responsible for IBM/36 running CMAS software including supervising from 2 to 6 people working multiple shifts.
• Coordinated and scheduled data entry, job queues, print queues, and backups.
• Coordinated and scheduled monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting processes.
• Part of team which migrated data from the S/36 to Great Plains.
Programmer / Data Entry Clerk 1979-1984
Gulf States, Inc.
• Helped design, code, and implement a mechanical estimating application on the IBM S/36 using RPG.
• Performed data entry functions for various accounting departments.
• Performed bank reconciliations.
• Created and posted correcting journal entries.
Pan American University 1974-1978
• No degree but studied General Business
Edinburg High School 1974
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / STUDY
Course 2559: Introduction to Visual Basic .Net (2004)
Course 2073A: Programming MS SQL 2000 Database (2003)
Course 2072A: Administering MS SQL 2000 Database (2003)
Course 1026: Admin MS Exchange Server 5.5 (2000)
Course 832: System Administration for MS SQL 7.0 (1999)
Supplied on request